August 13, 2022
‘Coachella’ food poisoning identified
INDIO – (INT) – Health officials have identified a bacterial toxin that sickened more than two dozen shuttle bus drivers during the closing weekend of the Coachella Arts and Music Festival.

A state health department laboratory reported Friday that the victims had eaten food catered for the drivers who suffered symptoms of food poisoning most likely caused by improper refrigeration. None of the attendees of the festival were affected.

More than 40 people were treated at three hospitals on April 25th. A few were admitted but have since been released.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), staphylococcal food poisoning results from eating food contaminated with toxins produced by bacteria.
Story Date: May 17, 2022
Canyon Crest Towne Centre
Real-Time Traffic
Habitat for Humanity
United Way of the Inland Valleys