|August 13, 2022|
Sheriff gears up to process new concealed weapons permits
SAN BERNARDINO – (INT) – Since the Supreme Court ruling expanding the use of guns, applications for concealed carry weapons permits (CCW) are growing.
The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department says new applicants are showing up and it will process applications.
A CCW permit authorizes a private person to carry a concealed firearm in public under the following conditions:
• Be of good moral character
• Full-time resident of San Bernardino County
• Must have valid identification
• Be at least 21 years old
• Own and have a gun registered in California
• Not have any open criminal cases or pending citations
• Not have any felony convictions or specified misdemeanors per Penal Code Sections 29900-29905
• Not be on active probation
Similar qualifications apply in other counties.
More information is at https://wp.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/ccw-faq/ or (909) 473-3893, or CCWInfo@sbcsd.org.
Story Date: June 29, 2022