|September 24, 2022|
California’s monkeypox infections nearing 5,000
SACRAMENTO - (INT) State health officials report 4,753 probable and confirmed monkeypox cases.
• Cases have been reported in 44 local health jurisdictions, according to the CDH's latest account.
• Complete case data is available on the state’s MPX data dashboard.
• There have been 177 hospitalizations in California due to the MPX virus and one confirmed death.
• California has received 165,371 vials of MPX vaccine that were distributed to local health departments
• Complete allocation and distribution data is available on the MPX vaccine page.
• California has distributed 3,943 oral treatment courses of Tecovirimat (TPOXX).
Story Date: September 21, 2022