|April 1, 2023|
Vaccinations still slowing spread of COVID-19
SACRAMENTO – (INT) - California has 10,972,516 confirmed COVID-19 cases to date.
• Today’s average case count is 5,745 (average daily case count over 7 days).
• Unvaccinated people were 2.3 times more likely to get COVID-19 than people who were vaccinated with at least a primary series.
• The testing positivity rate is 8.7% (average rate over 7 days).
• There are 4,025 hospitalizations statewide.
• There are 483 ICU patients statewide.
• There have been 98,393 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
• COVID-19 claims the lives of 35 Californians each day (average daily death count over 7 days).
• 87,315,550 total vaccines administered.
• 72.5% of the population has been vaccinated with a primary series.
• 28,907 people a day are receiving COVID-19 vaccination (average daily dose count over 7 days).
Story Date: January 15, 2023